With 4 different shots in mind, I began to photograph Vickie. Shot one straight on headshot. Shot two side facing model. Shot three head down with models face still visible, enabling viewer to see hair roots. Shot four hair covering face. I had set the studio lighting up to create even lighting on the model with the intension to have a clean white background.
I am pleased with this shoot, some shots work better than others, however I will continue to use these shots on every model. Giving me choice at the end of the project to choose which shot suits all models to create an identical body of work.
One poor point about this shoot is that I have cut off the end of the models hair in many images. In future, I will have to have less of a zoom and maybe move the camera further back in order to include all hair. I found it difficult when shooting to decide what to do with her long hair. I knew when shooting that I was cropping off the ends of her hair, but I also knew that I had photographed previous models with short hair so I was trying to make a compromise in order for all photographs to be the same size. At the end of the project, I don’t want to have some shots where the hair covers the whole frame, and then the models with short hair are further back in order to get the image the same size. This is something I will have to think about carefully in the future!