I decided that it would be best to re-shoot the girls whose images I wasn’t happy with, all together. This would make it much easier for myself to get all photographs identical in terms of framing, lighting and sizing. I would have liked to have done this before now, however I have found it very difficult to get multiple models who are available at the same time. It wasn’t so hard for this shoot though as I did it during university time to ensure all girls were here.
A difficulty I found in this shoot was that having many different models, each with different skin tones, the lighting appeared to not match every model. This made me have to adapt the aperture to suit the model. This is why you can see different lighting around the contact sheets. Another thing I notice when looking at the images on my laptop is that there seems to be a warm tinge to all photos, this is something I don’t want. I want the backgrounds to be crisp white, with even lighting on the models. Furthermore, another thing I didn’t notice on the camera display was the mish mash of T-shirts. I did ask all models to wear a white T-shirt before the shoot. The Katy Perry T-shirt for example, I thought would be okay as the text is quite far down, further than the shoulders which is where I thought the framing would end. It is not okay, the text is very distracting in the images. Unluckily this shoot has not turned out well, therefore I will have to re-shoot AGAIN. I will ensure to bring my own plain, white T-shirts for the models to wear in the next shoot, hopefully the final shoot! I don’t think anything else can go wrong, I’ve learnt from all silly mistakes making my images look different, so I’m hoping my last shoot will go smoothly.